February 10, 2016
Matric Dance Accessories : Golden Rules
Found your dream matric dance dress, now time for your matric dance accessories. Here are some golden rules to help you look picture perfect from head to toe
- Start your matric dance accessories quest with your shoes. This will dictate on what accessories you will need. The colour of your shoes will depend on the colour of your dress. Remember to choose heels you can actually walk in, and practise in them well before your dance.
- Gone are the days where you have to match your clutch bag with your shoes. A nude heel looks good with a silver, gold or even rosegold clutch. Any colour clutch goes with a nude heel depending on how adventurous you want to be – red clutch with a black dress.
- Don’t overdo the bling. If your dress is heavily embellished, keep your accessories simpler and vice versa, simple dress go big with earrings or neck piece teamed with a more detailed clutch.
- Step out of your comfort zone, seldom do you get to dress up in a beautiful evening dress so make the most out of your special matric dance night. Opt for chandelier type earrings even though you normally wear small studs or rock an ear cuff with smaller earrings.
- Don’t be afraid to be different. If you have always wanted to wear an intricate head chain or head band then wear it ! Choose a hairstyle and dress that complements this accessory.
- Be practical with the size of your clutch. Remember the necessities your phone, lip gloss and gum.
- Ditch your watch for an elegant cuff, bangle or bracelet making sure it will not hook onto the fabric on your matric dance dress. Be trendy and wear a hand chain and make all your friends jealous ! Remember only one chain at a time, if you are wearing a head chain then ditch the hand chain and vice versa.
- Statement rings pop your matric dance manicure ! Don’t be afraid to show off your beautiful nails.
Offering you the whole package at our showroom. Exquisite dresses, style advice and accessories. Open weekdays 9am to 4.30pm and Saturdays 9am to 2pm.